Need something else?

You can report a problem with your cable provider if you and the cable company were unable to resolve the issue directly.

Reports are accepted about:

  • AlticeUSA or Optimum
  • RCN
  • Charter Spectrum
  • Verizon FiOS

You can report a problem with:

  • Cable bills
  • Phone service and high speed internet
  • Converters, remote controls, and cable modems
  • Installation, reception, and service availability
  • Mischarges, overcharges, and refund requests

If you contacted the Cable Consumer Service Department by mail or submitted a Service Request about a cable problem, you can check the status of your complaint.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

Your cable or satellite provider may decide to stop offering certain channels because of contract disputes or other issues. The City can mediate and help companies resolve their disputes, but by federal law, they cannot require cable providers to carry specific channels or content. They also cannot order companies to reduce their rates or provide discounts.

You have a right to suspend your cable service at any time. When you cancel, your provider must give you a rebate for any unused prepaid time.

For more information on missing channels or price increases, contact your cable provider. If you encounter issues with canceling your service or billing, you can make a complaint with the City.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No