You can report a problem with City Marshals to the Department of Investigation (DOI).

City Marshals are independent public officers hired by the City and by private individuals to enforce court orders, such as evictions and vehicle seizures. Marshals are not peace officers and they do not have the power to arrest.


File a complaint with the Department of Investigation.

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No