Call 911
Call 911 if the damaged fence has fallen into a driving lane and is creating a traffic hazard.

You can submit a request to the Department of Transportation (DOT) for the repair of a damaged pedestrian fence at a traffic median. Requests must include complaint details and the exact location.

DOT will respond to requests within 12 weeks of receipt.


Contact the Department of Transportation.

By Mail

Mail your request to:

Department of Transportation Commissioner
55 Water Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10041

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No