You can make a complaint about:

  • Health instruction
  • Access to medical care or health insurance
  • 504 forms
  • Vision or hearing testing
  • Dental plan clinics

The Department of Education (DOE) reviews and addresses anonymous complaints. If you do not provide information about yourself, DOE will not contact you to follow up.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to report the problem.

You can make a complaint to the Department of Education (DOE) if you believe your child's public school is not following all health and safety protocols specific to COVID-19. 

DOE accepts complaints about all public schools, including D75, D79, 3K, Pre-K and DOE contracted Early Learn centers. 

Complaints include but are not limited to: 

  • Students or staff not wearing masks on school property when required after a positive COVID test result
  • Lack of available personal protective equipment (PPE)
  • Ventilation concerns
  • Sanitizing of school buildings
  • Any other COVID-19 health and safety concerns

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to report the problem.



[67001 M-F: 8A-6P]

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No