Need something else?

The Department of Parks and Recreations (DPR) conducts routine pruning every year on a portion of City trees in each community Board.  DPR does not accept requests for routine maintenance of street trees.

Learn more about the Department of Parks and Recreation's tree pruning cycle.

You can request that DPR prune a street tree if the branches are:

  • Dead or damaged
  • Blocking street lights, traffic signs, or signals
  • Blocking a street or sidewalk
  • Causing damage to property
  • Hitting power or phone lines

The City is not responsible for any tree that is on private property.

If you have already submitted a tree pruning request, you can check your Service Request Status

Report tree branches that are hitting:

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No