You can report water flowing from a sewer outfall pipe during dry weather.

Each outfall has a sign with the Outfall identification number (ID) assigned to it by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

You will need to provide the Outfall ID when you report a dry weather sewage discharge. The Outfall ID consists of the 2 or 3 character abbreviation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant followed by a 3-digit number. Examples include RH-034 and 26W-005.

What You Need

You must provide your contact information so the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) can contact you, if necessary. DEP must have this information to take action on the Service Request.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No