Need something else?

  • Mediation for free, professional help speaking directly to someone about bright lights from their property or resolving conflict
  • Mediating Establishment and Neighbor Disputes (MEND) NYC for free mediation service dedicated to resolving quality of life disputes between restaurants, bars, and nightlife establishments and their neighbors
  • Building Sign Complaint to report an illegal sign with lights that shine too brightly into a residential building

You can report light from a parking lot shining into a neighboring apartment or building to the Department of Buildings (DOB).

In order to investigate, the DOB needs to inspect the building. Your contact information is required. You cannot make an anonymous complaint.

DOB does not accept complaints about bright lights from residential properties. You should settle the issue directly with the property owner.

 Was this information helpful?   Yes    No