You can make a complaint about social services provided by Naturally Occurring Retirement Communities (NORC). NORC programs provide older residents with on-site social services that help them age in place.

NORC is a term used to describe neighborhoods and buildings.

These communities contain a high proportion of older adults and may have developed because:

  • Long term residents have grown older
  • Many older adults have moved to the area

Your complaint can be about services received at a NORC.

These include:

  • Case help and management
  • Healthcare help and management

NYC Aging funds many NORCs in private buildings and New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) developments.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No