Need something else?

You can make a complaint about how Department of Education (DOE) staff handled discipline or suspension at public schools by phone. DOE staff may never use physical force and verbal abuse on students.

The DOE reviews and addresses anonymous complaints. If you do not provide information about yourself, DOE will not be able contact you to follow up.

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) for help.

Suspension and Discipline Policy and Procedures

The school system may suspend, transfer, expel, or discipline students for disruptive or dangerous behavior. Student discipline rules and procedures are included in the Department of Education Discipline Code. All public school families should receive the code. You can get additional copies at your school.

Suspension Centers

Off-Site Suspension Centers serve high school students who have been suspended and removed from school for behavior problems.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No