Call 911

Call 911 to report:

  • A medical or health-related emergency, or a person in need of medical assistance.
  • The sale of cannabis (marijuana) at an outside location.
  • The use of cannabis by a minor under 21.
  • The sale of cannabis to a minor under 21 in progress.

A license is required to cultivate cannabis or sell cannabis through a retail dispensary.

You can submit a complaint to the Office of the Sheriff about cannabis sales and products.

The sheriff will investigate:

  • Concerns about a business that sells cannabis products, such as:
    • Unlicensed business locations, including:
      • Businesses operating within 500 feet and on the same block of any building that is exclusively used as a school
      • Businesses operating within 200 feet and on the same block of a house of worship
    • Underage Sales: Sale of cannabis to a minor under 21 that occurred in the past
    • Unlicensed dispensaries: Businesses selling cannabis without a license
    • Suspicious activity: Any activity related to cannabis being sold from a:
      • Business location
      • Van or truck that is labeled as selling cannabis
  • Concerns about a cannabis product, such as:
    • Improper product labeling or packaging: Products with misleading information or packaging that may pose safety risks

You can report your concerns anonymously by email or phone: 
By Email

Send your message to

By Phone

Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to report the problem.

What Happens Next

The Sheriff’s Office will review your complaint and take appropriate action, which may include:

  • Investigating the situation
  • Issuing warnings, citations, and fines to violators
  • Conducting an inspection
  • Padlocking illegal shops

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No