You can report a problem with any professionals or businesses licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Professions.

To file a complaint, first download and complete the complaint form. Send the completed form to one of the regional offices of the Office of Professional Discipline (OPD).

The complaint form, detailed instructions, and list of OPD regional offices are available online. 

Learn how to submit a complaint to the NYSED Office of Professional Discipline.

Get a list of OPD Regional Office locations.

NYSED Office of Professions licenses various occupations, including (but not limited to):

  • Acupuncture
  • Applied Behavior Analysis
  • Architecture
  • Athletic Training
  • Audiology
  • Certified Shorthand Reporting
  • Chiropractic
  • Clinical Laboratory Technology
  • Dentistry
  • Dietetics and Nutrition
  • Engineering
  • Geology
  • Interior Design
  • Land Surveying
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Massage Therapy
  • Medical Physics
  • Medicine
  • Mental Health Practitioners
  • Midwifery
  • Nursing
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Ophthalmic Dispensing
  • Optometry
  • Pathologists' Assistant
  • Perfusion
  • Pharmacy
  • Physical Therapy
  • Podiatry
  • Polysomnographic Technology
  • Psychology
  • Public Accountancy
  • Respiratory Therapy
  • Social Work
  • Speech-Language Pathology
  • Veterinary Medicine

If you need more information or assistance with filing a complaint, you can contact the New York State Office of the Professions. 

Please note that complaints must be submitted in writing and cannot be filed by phone.

  • Agency: New York State Education Department
  • Division: Office of the Professions Professional Discipline
  • Phone Number: (800) 442-8106
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No